This is a high level view of our product road-map. Don’t like the order or want to see something else here? You can change that by voting or asking for a feature:
- Open Source Roadmap: https://pact.canny.io/
- Open Source Feature Requests: https://pact.canny.io/feature-requests
- Pactflow Roadmap: https://github.com/pactflow/roadmap/projects/1
- Pactflow Issues: https://github.com/pactflow/roadmap/issues/new
If you aren't able to do this publicly, please contact us at email@example.com and we'd be happy to chat.
All of our upcoming work flows through the following five stages: Backlog Analysis Planned Work In Progress Released.
Current work in progress
The following features are in progress, and will be released soon...
Team based permissions for webhooks, secrets, CI Users (March 2021)
We're expanding the scope and permissions model for team administrators to be able to manage webhooks, secrets and CI users within the scope of a team.
See https://github.com/pactflow/roadmap/issues/35 for more detail.
Bi-directional contracts with Open API Specification (Q1 2021 - available in developer preview)
We're adding support for a new model of contract testing: allowing teams to generate contracts from consumers and providers, and integrating with Open API Specification (OAS/Swagger). Our goals with this new approach are to:
- Expand the breadth of technology we can support (e.g. OAS, GraphQL, Protobufs, API Gateways etc.)
- Reduce the time-to-value of contract testing
- Simplify the adoption and scaling of contract testing
- Expand the types of ways a contract may be generated or verified, and allow the use of BYO tools (e.g. record/replay or instrumentation approaches to creating contracts, or tools such Cypress, MSW, Mountebank, Wiremock, Hoverfly and other such mocking tools)
- Expand the roles that can contribute to contract testing (such as Testers)
The first release is now available in developer preview.
The following features have been released:
- Authentication using Github (April 2019)
- Authentication using API tokens (April 2019)
- New user interface (April 2019)
- Webhook management and testing UI (July 2019)
- Webhook secrets management for passwords and API tokens (August 2019)
- Federated authentication via SAML (September 2019)
- Authentication using Google (September 2019)
- Viewing interaction level verification results (September 2019)
- Subscription self-service (October 2019)
- Audit API (January 2020)
- Terraform Provider (March 2020)
- v3 support for JS (April 2020)
- XML Support for JS (April 2020)
- Binary payload support for JS (April 2020)
- C++ DSL (Consumer) with v3 support, XML and binary payloads (April 2020)
- Pactflow Enterprise On Premise (April 2020)
- User self-service (June 2020)
- Hosted API Stubs (July 2020)
- System Accounts (Sep 2020)
- Teams Management & Role-based Access Control (Nov 2020)
- Bi-directional contracts with Open API Specification (Feb 2021)
- Viewing triggered webhooks and execution logs (Feb 2021)